DEMOCRACY - MAKING IT WORK !
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization encouraging informed and active participation in government. It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
VOTE411 has the Answers for voters Learn More
- VOTE411.org + a one-stop shop for voting information
2018-2019 Priority Issues for Greenville League Learn More
- LWV of Greenville County 2018-2019 Priority Issues, Committee Work, Focus
Redistricting Learn More
- The League of Women Voters supports policies that ensure fair and open elections through redistricting, encouraging voter registration and access to voting, and the use of voting equipment that makes it easier to validate the results of elections. To that end, the Greenville League supports: REDISTRICTING, Continued support for the League's one-person, one-vote position.
Partisan gerrymandering is a real problem in South Carolina, and the League of Women Voters is taking action to educate voters and to encourage advocacy to reduce partisan and incumbent-protective gerrymandering, so that voters are choosing their representatives and not the other way around.
The League's goal is redistricting reform in which district lines are drawn based on appropriate and enforceable criteria that do not favor partisan interests or incumbents, and in which the drawing is done by an independent, nonpartisan commission. Redistricting will happen in 2021 based on the 2020 census results, and we aim to achieve reform by then.
The League is mobilizing now to make the needed changes so that this next round of redistricting prioritizes the interest of voters and not parties or incumbents. Our immediate goal is to educate voters about the need for redistricting reform and to encourage advocacy with our elected representatives.
Advocacy - Tools You Can Use Learn More
- Some useful tools for Advocacy
South Carolina Voter Information Learn More
- Election Commission Offices, How to Register to Vote, Absentee Ballot Requests, Additional Information for Voters
Join, Renew, Support Learn More
- Join, Renew, Support
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.
Our FaceBook Page
Like us on FaceBook FaceBook Page
The League of Women Voters never supports or opposes candidates for office, or political parties, and any use of the League of Women Voters name in campaign advertising or literature has not been authorized by the League.
Link to our State and National Leagues
League of Women Voters of South Carolina LWVSC
League of Women Voters LWVUS